Thank you to all those who applied for a college scholarship, the date to submit has now ended. Winners will be contacted in May by email.
PAFCU is offering college-bound high school seniors the opportunity to compete for statewide college scholarships through the New York Credit Union Association's Scholarship Program. Scholarships will be awarded ranging from $500 to $1,500 and may be used at a two- or four-year accredited educational institution.
Students can take advantage of this opportunity by completing three simple steps:
- Stop in at any PAFCU office to request a scholarship application form, or click here to download an electronic application. If the student is not a member of People's Alliance, he/she can request a membership packet as well. (All scholarship applicants are required to be members of a participating New York credit union.)
- You and your parent or guardian must sign the Certification and Release Authorization on the back page of the application form.
- Submit your signed application directly to People's Alliance by January 5, 2018, along with:
- a high school transcript documenting your GPA for grades 9-11;
- an SAT/PSAT/ACT transcript; and
- a typed essay response.
If any portion is incomplete or not included, the application will not be considered.
There is no fee for submitting an application, but applicants MUST be:
- Members of People's Alliance Federal Credit Union
- College-bound high school seniors at the time of application; and
- Attending either a two or four-year accredited educational institution for the first time in the fall of 2018
In early spring, applications will be judged against other submissions statewide. Winners will be announced in May.
For more information about this scholarship program, contact Erica Donoghue by calling (631) 434-3500, extension 263 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. And also, check our website in April to apply for one of PAFCU's $1,000 scholarships!