PAFCU is offering college-bound high school seniors the opportunity to compete for statewide college scholarships through the New York Credit Union Association’s College Scholarship Program. Scholarships may be used at a two- or four-year accredited educational institution. In 2021, the New York Credit Union Association awarded $30,750 in college scholarships, ranging from $500 to $1,500, to 41 students.
Students can take advantage of this opportunity by completing these steps:
- Click here to download an application. The student will need to contact PAFCU directly to obtain a credit union verification code to verify eligibility. If the student is not a member of People’s Alliance, he/she can request a membership packet as well. (All scholarship applicants are required to be members of a participating New York credit union.)
- Complete the application form and required essay and obtain the required transcripts, along with the signature of a parent or guardian.
- Upload and submit the completed application and supportive materials online no later than January 7, 2022. Upload now.
There is no fee for submitting an application, but applicants MUST be:
- members of People’s Alliance Federal Credit Union;
- college-bound high school seniors at the time of application; and
- attending either a two- or four-year accredited educational institution for the first time in the fall of 2022.
In early spring, applications will be judged against other submissions statewide. Winners will be announced in May 2022.
For more information about this scholarship program, contact Erica Donoghue by calling (631) 434-3500, extension 263 or emailing email@example.com. And also, check our website in April 2022 to apply for one of PAFCU’s $1,500 scholarships!