Answers to questions you may have...
- Why are you replacing my existing card?
Your new Mastercard will help us to serve you better by providing you with added benefits you can use every day.
- Is there any cost to me?
The annual fee on the Gold card is the same as before, $20 and the platinum card will have no annual fee, just like the card it replaces.
- Will my rates or fees change in any way?
No, the interest rates and other credit card terms outlined in your Cardholder Agreement will remain unchanged.
- Why will my new card contain a microchip?
People's Alliance FCU is moving to chip technology because it provides more security and ease of use in other countries and has become the standard in the U.S.
- When will my new card arrive?
You can expect to receive your new card within 2 weeks. When it arrives, simply:
- Call to activate and select a new PIN
- Sign the back of your new Mastercard
- Cut up and discard your old Visa card. Also contact any merchants who automatically bill your existing card to provide your new card number.
- Who can tell me more?
If you have other questions, inquire at any branch or give us a call at 631.434.3500.
- If I have multiple cardholders, will each receive a new card?
Yes. Each card will be sent to the cardholder individually.
- What other new benefits will I gain?
As soon as you activate your new card, you'll gain immediate access to Identity Theft Resolution Services, Mastercard Global ServiceTM, Mastercard Airport ConciergeTM, Price Protection, Extended Warranty and Mastercard Priceless® Cities which are described inside this brochure.1
- Whats happening with my platinum rewards program?
The UChoose rewards program will remain unchanged and all points will be transferred over.
1. Certain restrictions apply. See Guide to Benefits for details.
2. Certain restrictions apply. See www.mastercard.us/zero-liability for details.