Who Can Join
People's Alliance Federal Credit Union membership is offered as a no-cost employee benefit to companies. You may be eligible to apply for membership in one of the following ways:
- If you are employed by a company in PAFCU's field of membership, you are eligible to join. Check with your immediate supervisor or Human Resources Manager to see if your company offers PAFCU membership among its employee benefits. If so, you can enroll at your company, request a membership application from your nearest PAFCU branch, write or E-Mail us for an application. It's that easy.
- If you are an employee at a company in the Hauppauge Industrial Park, you are automatically eligible for PAFCU membership. Visit the Hauppauge branch for membership information.
- If your company is not in PAFCU's field of membership, ask your Human Resources Manager or key benefits decision-maker to call, write or E-Mail us at the Hauppauge Administrative office for a full kit and video explaining how your company can join. There is no obligation or cost for this material.
- If you are a Human Resources Manager, Benefits Administrator, President/CEO, or Owner of a company familiar with PAFCU and are ready to join our field of membership (thereby extending credit union membership benefits to your employees), call, write or E-Mail us at the Hauppauge Administrative office for a Select Employer Group application. If you prefer, surf to the Online Services section of the Website and fill out the Select Employer Group application online. We'll process your request and follow up with a call within a few days.
- PAFCU also offers kinship accounts. Once you join, any member of your family (through blood, marriage or adoption) may join and enjoy all the benefits of PAFCU. On the flip side, if you are related to a PAFCU member, you are eligible to join.
People's Alliance Federal Credit Union has expanded our membership to include persons, who live, work, worship or attend school in, and businesses and other legal entities located in a portion of the following areas:
- Aquebogue, Amityville, Bay Shore, Babylon, Bayport, Bellport, Brentwood, Blue Point, Bohemia, Brookhaven, Brooklyn, Calverton, Center Moriches, Centereach, Central Islip, Copiague, Coram, Deer Park, East Moriches, E. Patchogue, Eastport, Farmingville, Hampton Bays, Holtsville, Huntington, Huntington Station, Islip Terrace, Jamesport, Lake Grove, Lake Ronkonkoma, Lindenhurst, Manorville, Mastic, Mastic Beach, Mattituck, Medford, Middle Island, Moriches, N. Babylon, Patchogue, Quogue, Ridge, Riverhead, Rocky Point, Ronkonkoma, Selden, Setauket, Shirley, Shoreham, Sound Beach, Southampton, Stony Brook, W. Babylon, Wyandanch, Yaphank.
- Carle Place School District.
- Brooklyn, New York (within Community Planning Districts #3, #8, or #9).
- Miami and Hialeah, Florida.
If you live, work, worship or attend school within any of the above boundaries you can save and borrow at People's Alliance Federal Credit Union (PAFCU).